Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Tolantango at Last: Day One The River

Better prepared this time. Straight to the convi shuttle bus station after a very quick cold shower and I was on my way.



The ride down the valley is an adventure in itself. I was more than happy to have an experienced professional driver handle all those tight curves.

Lots of people drive their own cars. Just take those hairpin turns slowly.  Very slowly.
 


Yay!  I made it. I was all fixed up for 4 nights and 5 days with a room with a view in no time.

Holy smokes! This pool is warm.  It was sunny and warm but there was a cool breeze. I kept going to the river.





That river is bath water warm! I stayed in there for a long time.  This was the warmest I'd felt since leaving Huatulco.


The rocks are coated white with minerals.



         



I did my best to stay clear of the rocks. I was at the highest and warmest pool of all, the first after the danger zone of rapids above and the current was quite strong. You coulĸ get pretty banged up on the rocks there if you were pulled over.



At other pools further down, I saw people gingerly climbing over rocks to get from one pool to another. It could be done but definitely not at the top pool. I tried swimming upriver in the lower pools and it wasn't too hard. You could do laps that way. Swim up the length if the pool, let the current pull you back and start again.

There's my hotel room, way at the very top.

        
          



Such a great first day.









1 comment:

Saucedo said...

Mr. E, Disfruta ....