Friday, October 24, 2008

Reserva Natural



Carina left for Copan a few mornings ago. She makes me look like such a slacker.

The nasty little hustler that had been hassling me before started stepping over the line. He got mad and stomped after me down the street, telling me how tough he was. "I spent two years in Dallas, Texas. You wanna see my tattoos?"

Panachel was becoming less fun all the time.

On the advice of Mary and Rita from Utah, I visited a great national park nearby called Reserva Natural Atitlan. I arrived late and the trail was losing light so I didn´t try the zip lines. The rickety and rotten suspension bridges made me doubt I would have enjoyed them anyhow.





Saw a very pretty waterfall and some monkeys. At first the monkeys kept a distance but then they gradually started moving in on me. I was the only person on that trail and I had the strange sense they were strategically stalking me.


I moved on to the mariposa garden. The butterflies seemed to be hiding. Found the private beach for the park just as it started to get dark.

http://www.atitlanreserva.com/

No comments: