Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No rush


I'm on my way, getting closer to Guatemela. I could be there by now but I spent a night in Crucecita. Somehow all the details of getting dollars for the border crossing, dropping off some important documents at UMAR, not to mention actually leaving one of the world's most beautiful beaches, seemed so hectic I got myself a room for the night. No regrets. My bus leaves in an hour and I'll wake up at dawn at Tapachula.

I've had a whole day to play in the water at Santa Cruzy. The very nice people of The Tipsy Blowfish in downtown Crucecita baby-sat my luggage all afternoon after check-out time at the hotel so I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I'd like to recommend The Tipsy Blowfish to the world, a nice place to spend a balmy Huatulco evening after a hard day of hanging out at the beach. It's a mellow bar with good tunes that attracts an easygoing clientele. The laid back atmosphere is all thanks to Courtney, her dad Joe and their great staff. I appreciate the liquid soap in the bathroom, not something you can take for granted this far south.

This is Courtney and Joe in front of their bar. Joe has the beard.

No comments: