Monday, December 19, 2022

Long Lake: Rockwood Park Trails

 This is one of the Rockwood Park trails that takes no time to get to but feels like the middle of nowhere.









The was my first time seeing a pack raft.  This man arrived with everything he needed in a moderate sized backpack.  The blue bag in his hands is for inflation.  I have been looking into inflatable kayaks and such since and these lovely water craft are the most portable thing on the market, sturdy and much lighter than kayaks.

I bypassed the Long Lake trail at first to see what was ahead on the main drag.  This is a short detour to Little Harrison Lake. 


This was such a Canadian scene.  Someone left a hockey net and their skates behind from last winter, to be ready to play as soon the lake freezes.  






Hopefully, this cyclist will be back soon and find his hat.


I was closer to the end than I realized when it started to rain just when I discovered this shelter in what felt like the middle of nowhere. 


There's another mountain bike race track here.


A wood log bench in memory of Duke.


And his water dish.  Someone loved this animal very much.









No comments: