Sunday, December 25, 2022

Bahia Coyula, coast of Oaxaca

 Bahia Coyula, roughly between Pochutla and Huatulco

I rode past the exit the first time. It is just before the high bridge over the wide river.







20 minutes later after a slow smooth ride through beautiful countryside.







I sensed my food was almost ready when this little guy made himself comfortable under my table just in case I dropped something.


He was right! He knew.













Across the shallow river (watch out for hidden rocks in the muddy water) step carefully around the pile of hurricane driven driftwood




And there is another beach.




Miles and miles of empty beach.









Time to climb to the lighthouse.




There is a well marked trail. I wouldn't call it physically difficult but there are few dicey steps that triggered the knee locking vertigo I get at high places. I should really stick to trails with firm guard rails.  Knowing I would have to double back, I cleared my head, took 2 extra deep breaths and I made it.


The only reason I force myself up to such heights is for the view.
I didn't come any closer to the edge than this.

No comments: