Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Morning after in Tehuantepec




Plans had been made for a few more excursions in Tehuantepec on Sunday but everything changed when the rain. It was going to be an all day event and we all knew it so I didn´t hear from Victor or Misael until lunchtime.
Realizing they decided to stay in bed, I went off in search of coffee. I found a stall in the market where a woman fixed me up with some Nescafe. It was a start.

I found this great little restaurant called ´´Coffee Something or other". Just what I needed. I took a special shine to all the old framed lobby posters from Mexican cinema. Cool stuff. Have a look.







The one non-Mexican movie poster was for "Dracula, Prince of Darkness," 1966, a personal favorite of the old Hammer films and possibly the best of all the Christopher Lee movies. In Spanish we have "Dracula, Principe de las Tieneblas"

The rain kept coming. It was time to say goodbye and hit the road. The bus was ready within thirty seconds of buying my ticket and I was back in Crucecita where it had barely rained all day.

No comments: