Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years 2008-2009


My fun time is almost over here in Zipolite. A few more days and it's finally back to work which is really just more fun time in a new locale because the beaches of Huatulco are very pretty and my job is going to be a blast.

I have never seen the beach of Zipolite so crowded. I don't envy anyone in search of a room in this town. All of my favorite restaurants have been too crowded. Some were already booked for reservations two days in advance. Tonight should be especially problematic. It could be a night for tacos.

I don't go to Nice Place on the Beach every night, less so after the night I ended up closing the place and drinking mezcal on the beach until 5 AM. I didn't suffer horribly but felt dried out and indifferent all next day. These things happen drink by drink. I won't do that for at least another year.

Generally it's a surefire place to find instant camaraderie. The regulars are all very regular. Here are some of the usual suspects with the legendary Crazy Horse Invincible tending bar. Not a very threatening crowd at all. You can meet some fine people there.

The red eyes are all actual red eyes and not the fault of the camera flash.

That last one is of me (the guy with the goofy grin) and Jonathan from Quebec. I think that was taken early in the game of my all-nighter

The most interesting person I've met this spell in Zipolite has to be Graham from England. Graham is the kind of guy who highlights what a slacker I am by contrast. Having earned himself enough funds to last a while by working in Saudi Arabia, this guy is bicycling all the way through Central America to Panama. If anyone doubts he'll make it, understand that he began this trip in Alaska. Here he is, all packed to hit the road again. These pictures were taken over a week ago. God only knows how far he's travelled since then. Good luck Graham, wherever you are. Wishing you only adventures of the fun variety.


Okay. The sun has gone down on another beautiful day. Some fireworks have already begun. Time to find a vacant table for dinner somewhere. Soon it will be time for the annual pagan bonfire brooha down at the cove by Shambhala.

Happy New Year's to everybody.

No comments: