Friday, December 19, 2008

Mission: Huatulco


Hey, look. That's me in front of the Immigration office in Santa Cruz, proudly holding a brand new FM3 work visa.
I had to break my lazy beach routine of getting up no sooner than feels right this morning. So many things to do. Eventually I had to re-evaluate the importance of everything on my list and strip it down to essentials. The main thing was getting the visa because after today they close until the 6th of January and I couldn't afford to wait that long.

I forced myself out of bed at 5:30 and was on the road before any place was serving coffee. I call that a very rough way to start the day but I can be tough with myself when I have to. Being cheerful, patient and considerate of others under the circumstances is another game.

First stop was Caryl's home to pick up a pile of documents. She invited me in and gave me coffee. Yay. Someone mentioned the imminent arrival of a big cruise ship today and that got me on the road again. No good getting at the back of that line.

That taken care of, I did a little shopping. Some one is getting a surprise. I doubt she ever reads this blog so, if you're reading this, it's almost guaranteed not to be you. Not that you're not perfectly nice and deserving.

This little restaurant in the zocalo, Cafe Huatulco, may have the best brewed coffee in the world. I would never make a trip all the way to Santa Cruz without stopping there.


Now I'm waiting for the courier service to re-open. I should be able to get back to Zipolite before dark. Back to the beach

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there a way to subscribe to your blog? If so, please advise by replying to this comment. Thanks

priendly said...

I suppose there must be a way but I don't know how. I advised all interested friends to bookmark the page but there's bound to be a way to get automated email announcements of updates as well. I'll look in to it.

priendly said...

OK, I think I'm on to sopmething here. Oddly, I'm only allowed 10 subscribers. That's not a problem as you would be my only one. I just need your email address and you can consider yourself my one and only first subscriber. You're number one. Thanks for this. I rather like the idea of having a subscriber.

Unknown said...

The email address I am using for blogging and that you are reaching me on is Silversard@gmail.com but it automatically forwards to my other account which is Silversard@Yahoo.com. Hope this helps.

priendly said...

Hey Stephen. You are now subscribed. You get an email every time I post. There may be a hitch. I'm afraid that every time I catch a stupid typo and fix it, that might count as a new post and you'll get a lot of misleading alerts. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Unknown said...

No problem . . . we have been to Huatulco many times and hope to return many more. We leave for Mexico on January 22nd and will spend several days touring Mexico City (FD) first. Then to Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala for many weeks or months. Some humanitarian work may take us to Huautlco, however.