Saturday, January 7, 2023

Huatulco 2023 Monte Cruz trail ride to Playa Cacaluta with friends. Sendero Cruz del Monte

Hitting the Monte Cruz trail, this time from the Crucecita entrance with friends.


That's our trailhead coming up at the end of this residential street.  Turn off at the Binniguenda Hotel corner.

This is it.

Away we go. Lucero takes the lead.


This is a great place for a pitstop.  There are giant banners explaining the legend of Monte Cruz. I had been by here recently and a local man tried to explain it to me but I only understood about 50% or less.  Isaac filled in the gaps and it seems that I'd had the gist of it after all.  It's nice to have it confirmed. 




Time to push through the sand.

This is the trail intersection from the previous post. From this direction, it is a little easier to miss so keep your eyes open.  Even Isaac says he passed it on by one time and he's the guy I depend on for directions.







It was especially advantageous to be travelling with friends this time because I had a puncture on the way back.  We didn't bring a pump because we never need one.  Ha!  I wanted to just send them along and finish the trail.  Isaac had the good sense for us to walk back together on  the paved route.  He was right.  There was no way I would have made it out of that jungle before nightfall.  Maybe if I ran but that isn't the sort of thing I do.


It's getting sandy again.



Previous visits

https://alackofcleardirection.blogspot.com/2023/01/new-years-eve-day-huatulco-2022-monte.html
https://alackofcleardirection.blogspot.com/2016/12/return-to-sendero-cruz-del-monte.html

https://alackofcleardirection.blogspot.com/2021/03/adventure-night-ride-to-cacaluta.html


No comments: