Tuesday, December 13, 2016

We have pinatas! Umarela is on the way!

Just two more days!  UMARELA is on it's way!  It's official when the pinatas turn up at Centro de Idiomas.
I'm so excited I really don't really feel like grading exams right now.   Actually I never do but I have to get on this final chore because time is running out for being a responsible adult and christmas fun becomes the law!

It seems a shame but Rudolph below will be pummeled and smashed to bits when the annual UMAR Huatulco christmas parade winds downtown Thursday night.

The gingerbread man is quite solid.  The children are going to have to work hard to break into his candy, not to mention run really fast.
There have been the usual signs around town to remind people of the season but commercial enterprises are always extra early and I rarely take them seriously.  The Christmas tree in the center square went up last weekend.  That's a stronger indicator that the big day is imminent.  And here at UMAR, we have mimes.
There is no definite connection to Christmas and mimes that I know of but I've seen mimes singing silent christmas carols in previous years.

I asked if they would be performing for us later but they refused to talk to me.  They just started waving their arms and doing silly walks.  That's mime for you.

No comments: