Monday, December 17, 2012

Day of the Dead 2012

 

It's almost Christmas and I still have a ton of photos to post.  It's now or never for these moments from UMAR's Day  of the Dead presentation.  I took a ton of photos.  These are the ones that actually turned out.
    I'm sure there was something more traditional and cultural in mind but I can't help thinking the young lady on the left looks like a pirate.  A nice one, not the looting and pillaging kind.
By a strange coincidence, I'd just been watching "The Curse of the Crying Woman", or "La maldiciĆ³n de la Llorona" in the original language,  from 1963 on my lunch break that very afternoon before seeing the spitting image of that harbinger of death on campus.  Ok, it wasn't a perfect likeness.  Her eyes should be completely blacked out like pits of darkness but it was a quite a striking resemblance all the same.  By the way, the 60s were great years for Mexican horror movies.



  Our students never fail to do outstanding work at hese events.        Less chat, more pictures.









Finally, the man above was my personal host for the evening, explaining everything to me in English.  Thanks, Antonio.  You did a great job.  I would have been lost without you.

No comments: