Sunday, October 31, 2010

Motofest 2010


Some fun things were happening in our town last weekend but some bad directions steered me the wrong way. Worse, I passed on those same directions on to other people. I missed the Motofest rock concert on Friday evening and almost the helmet awareness ride.

It seems to have been a wild Saturday night. One friend had lost the battery to his scooter earlier in the week. Another had the lock stolen to his. When I got ready for the ride early Sunday morning, my speedometer and license plates were missing. They were there. I just couldn´t see them. Somebody had sprayed them with black paint. Worse, the freaks sprayed a neighbor´s shiny truck.



There were no bikes gathered in the square when I arrived. Oh well. I was awake. It was a beautiful fresh morning. I gassed up for a nice ride on my own and that´s how I came across the Helmet Awareness Ride, more or less by accident. Somebody gave me a fresh T-shirt and we were on our way. It was a longer ride than last year. We circled through town twice, making a lot of noise. That´s how my friend found us. Luckily his girlfriend brought her camera along. Mine was broken.



I bought a new one right after the ride. Within minutes I ran into a pack of UMAR students down at Chahue. My first picture with the new Samsung. May it have better luck than all the cameras before it.

No comments: