Monday, June 24, 2024

Back to Tolantongo

 I would soon get tired of traveling, the whole process of daily figuring out where to go next and where to stay.  But I loved Tolantongo so much the first time.  

 
So long, Cabos.  The journey began.  Another 24 hour plus journey.  From here to Guadalajara to Mexico City.  Arriving just before dawn in the big city to take a 3 hour bus ride to Pachuca.  % or 6 hours from there to Ixmiquilpan.
 





The difference this time was that I still had a vague idea of where I was going.


Shuttle buses going to all sorts of exotic destinations.


Made it.  After 28 hours, I still had to wait another 3 to get my hotel room but they let me drop my stuff off at reception and wait in the river.  It was an exhausting journey but well worth it.















Warm water pours everywhere.  I found this lovely spot when I went off trail. 




No comments: