Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Sheldon's Point Saint John 2022 and Children's Forest


On my way to the Irving Nature park


Following google maps, I made my way to this trail through Seaview Park on the West side.  It seems to have been a discontinued railway track and I suspected may be the way to circumvent that chained up toxic industrial area that brought me to a stop on my first attempt to reach the Partridge Island breakwater. 

Quick detour.  I had all the time in the world.


Greenwood Cemetery, for soldiers and veterans.  It is also a pauper's grave.  All of that unmarked grassland in front is for unmarked graves of those with no other means of burial.  



Separate but part of the nature complex, this is Sheldon's Point, which I only learned about at that moment.  








 




Snack time.



To complete the loop, you follow a road at the trail's end.  I just turned back the way I came.

Just as I made it back to the parking lot, it started to rain.   No problem.  I had shelter at a picnic table.


Within 15 minutes, it was fine to hit the road again.


Next stop, the Children's Forest, just a little further  down the road.

Children's Forest is a great playground to bring the kids.  If you are a single adult, the best time to come is near dinner time on a week day so you can enjoy the place by yourself.

This park comes equipped with a water supply and a gas barbecue facility free to the public!  I was so impressed.  That must be popular in the summer.



This high end picnic area has a panoramic view of Irving Nature Park and the salt marshes.  

Check out this wild playground equipment. the perfect place to tire young ones out before bedtime.  





A crazy rock climbing wall?


The coolest attraction was the maze.  There is a sign posted with a map if you want to prepare before entry. I didn't want to spoil the fun and was lost almost immediately.


With no one else around in the whole park, I whizzed around on my bike, through the slippery mud from a recent rain, wiping out on tight corners.



https://youtu.be/INVo0KGSyTA



Caught this enormous rainbow over the harbor on my way home. . 


No comments: