Monday, February 27, 2017

Rodada del Amor Crucecita Huatuclo mass bicycle ride

Yesterday afternoon I made it to my first mass bicycle ride in Huatulco.  It was the   Rodada del Amor con causa, organized by Iniciativa Huatulco and other community organizations and a great way to finish up the weekend.    
 
I've seen posters for fun events on a Sunday afternoon in our town of Crucecita several times in the past but I rarely make it.  I make plans but the drowsiness of the late afternoon usually ends with a promise to attend the next event.  This time I made it.  Nap time was calling but I put my sneakers and helmet on and got out the door right on time.  Right away, I noticed other cyclists heading in the same direction and knew it was going to be fun.

UMAR Huatulco was represented by myself, Yazmin and a few UMAR students.  Yazmin and I agreed.  Next time we have to give a bigger shout out to UMAR people with bikes.  They would have loved this.


  Here we are at the starting point, the Eco Park across from Pemex, where volunteers passed out T-shirts and accepted food donations.


Everybody received a T-shirt and a bright balloon for their bike,



 Away we go.



 It really is more fun cycling in a huge group with matching T-shirts.






 Progress was slow.  We all had to watch out for the little ones and make sure they kept with the group.  Some of them weren't quite ready for riding in a straight line either.  They tended to zigzag a bit.  So we all enjoyed the ride a little longer.
 Here we are at the turnaround at the end of the residential neighborhood, U2.   Juicy oranges for everyone.

 Back to the centre.  Good times.

No comments: