Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cardboard Cutout Standup Heroes

 
Inspired by Homemadegameguru, the man responsible for the video below and tons of other creative ways to recycle cardboard,  I've started making my own standup cardboard cutouts and I've been prolific.  Fortunately, for a teacher who already has an office crammed with essential teaching materials, some of these have already found homes in the offices of colleagues who have generously taken over the Comic Zone in my absence.  
 
 
Homemadegameguru shows you how to make incredibly fun cardboard toys and I want to try more of them out some day.  I just decided on the cutouts because they seemed so accessible to a beginner with glue, carboard and a utility knife. 
 
This is the first batch.  Wonder Woman was the only image printed specifically for the purpose.  Black and white WW was a complete printer accident but doesn't she look groovy?  The rest were an attempt to use up some of the small scraps left behind and the overflow of some of those essential teaching materials that are just too god to throw away.
Some of these will be door prizes for Cinemapocalipsis on Tuesday nights when I return to the work world in February next year.

There's the Black Widow in fighting pose on the beach and a small army of Phantom Strangers, a personal favorite from my childhood.

 
Even making the images on the computer has been a little tricky.  Homemadegameguru uses Photoshop which I neither have or know how to use.  I've been using Microsoft Publisher.  The Hulk is from a PDF of six different pages.    
There is no cardboard standup cutout action figure stronger or bigger than the Hulk.  So far. 
 


No comments: