Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMAR Huatulco upgrades and downtown development


It has been almost three months since I visited the campus.  It's quickly changing into an entirely new world.  I'll have to visit it more often or I might not recognize it when I return from sabbatical.

Check here for before and after comparisons.  http://alackofcleardirection.blogspot.mx/2015/03/moving-earth-at-umar-huatulco.html

Our newest building has taken shape.  The construction workers are already busy on the second story.


The street in front of Centro de Idiomas has doubled in width.  The original one lane might have been more park like but this is so much more practical for high traffic days and deliveries.

I've been meaning to take photos of this new hotel coming up near the bus station.  At least I think it's a hotel.  I like the design of an elevated arrow shape with a connecting skywalk.  Previously, I'd thought that lot was too small to build much but they have really used the space well.



  

No comments: