Friday, May 1, 2009

All at once


My money struggles ended yesterday. Pay day came. The timing for everything was perfect.

The first bank machine was empty so I headed for the one at the grocery store. I wanted to go there anyways for light bulbs amongst other things. They had sweet hot dog relish, something I´ve been looking for since January. I bought four bottles.

I still needed gas. No problem. There was a gas truck pulling into our court yard at just the right time. If I hadn´t made a detour at the store, I might have missed him.
Cash, light bulbs, hot dog relish and gas. Wow. From rags to riches.

I went to school the day before to get my coffee machine so I wouldn´t suffer too badly. I ended up using it to heat my chicken soup for dinner. I boiled eggs and cooked porridge in it next morning. Not a bad emergency cooker but you have to plan ahead and start before you get hungry.

No comments: